Saturday 28 March 2015

Healthy, Quick and Easy Lunches! *Collab*

Need some inspiration for some healthy quick and easy lunches for; work, school and college or even a day out? Then you've come to the right place buster! 

This post is in collaboration with the amazing DaintyFlowersxo!! Do not forget to check out her blog and her post because she has some mind blowing recipes lined up for you! 



I'm a Pescetarian (vegetarian but I eat fish) so if you're a meat lover be sure to add whatever you like to my recipes! *If you would like to know more about pescetarianism and why I'm a pescetarian, leave a request in the comments below and I will do a pescetarian themed post*



This first lunch idea is an egg pasta salad. It tastes so good and fills you up! Plus it is super healthy. All you will need is some eggs, pasta and some vegetables of your choice! I have also made my own egg yolk dip, which to some sounds revolting but trust me it tastes amazing!! What you need to do is to scoop out the egg yolk and mash it with mayonnaise (for the freshest nicest taste) and there you have it! It's smoother than hummus and it really does taste amazing! 





My second lunch idea is very similar but without the pasta and with beans too. If you don't like eggs or beans, just substitute the two but I loved this combination! I also made a bean dip where I mashed the black eye beans with chive cream cheese! 





This next recipe is not that healthy however I had to add it (Note this is a picture of my grandma's food, the chicken isn't mine haha) Jollof rice! Everyone loves jollof rice! Sometimes I just dump some into a container and take that to school! It's one of the most tasty dishes and is African (so why wouldn't you want to take this bad boy to school)!?


Or... Major life hack... buy it from the shop!! (which is probably really unhealthy and filled with sugar, and very expensive) So on second thoughts.. don't.. haha


Next a drink recipe! 

This next recipe is one of the quickest, easiest (not healthiest however) idea's ever and I love it!! I even put it in my 'List of things to do when you're bored'

You can never go wrong with this peanut butter and banana shake!

  • 1 banana
  • 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter
  • 2 cups of milk 
  • Ice cream of choice (optional)
  • Ice 

That's it for today! I hope that this post has inspired you to make healthier lunches for wherever you may be going!
    

p.s. Don't forget to check out DaintyFlowersxo's post! and .... I did not get braces *whoo, streamers, partyyy*  (you will understand if you read my post before the previous one ;) ).

12 comments:

  1. Whoooo !! Braces suck... I H A T E mine with a passion !! And you can tell how much time & effort went into this post, it really payed off, will definitely be using some of these recipes, the banana & butter milkshake sound delicious !!
    Daintyflowersxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the idea of the first one, I love egg so that would perfect! Although I've never tried the jollof rice before, am I missing out? It looks delicious though!


    thattypicalgurl.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you like it! And yes Jollof rice is amazing, you have to try it! XX

      Delete
  3. All of these sound really nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be trying out these

    Would mean a lot if you could check out my blog too http://holliewilsher.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh, jolloff rice is da bomb!! I'm Nigerian so I would understand 100% hahaa ;)
    Also, I would love you to do a post on why you're a pescetarian (probably spelt it wrong),but it seems really interesting!!
    http://afrobeebeauty.blogspot.com
    Abbie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha and thanks for the request! I will do a post about it, hopefully soon

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus