Saturday 8 August 2015

The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender

I was looking around the library on the last day of school, wandering from shelf to shelf and seeking for an undiscovered story. 
I wanted a tale that would mean something to me and characters that would come to life right from inception. 

I was about to give up and as I turned to leave suddenly right in front of my face, was 'The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender'.

The story is set in the early 1900s-1950s and I was immediately drawn to it because I had been writing a story about a winged creature (much like Maleficent) and I couldn't believe that I had found a book about a character that I thought would be quite similar.

I was wrong. Ava Lavender's story is very different to anything that could ever exist in Maleficent's world, yet it still has a magical theme. 

As I read it I really do feel as though live on Pinnacle Lane and have seen every cruel happening in 'Manhatine'. 

The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender is a tale of Pain, loss, love and survival (the most depressing yet thrilling book that I have read so far). I recommend it to anyone that is willing to try something new and fall into another world.

The Author is called Leslye Walton and here is the blurb:

"Foolish love appears to be a Roux family birthright, and for Ava Lavender, a girl born with the wings of a bird, it is key to her inheritance. In a quest to understand her peculiar disposition and a growing desire to fit in with her peers, Ava ventures away from home, ill-prepared for what awaits her in a world that does not know whether to view her as girl or angel.

Ava's search and her family saga build to a devastating crescendo until, on the summer solstice, the skies open up, rain and feathers fill the air and Ava's fate is revealed."



    
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus